The Denver Fire Department Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) Training Academy is a modern, state-of-the-art facility. It is situated just outside the secured perimeter of Denver International Airport, providing easy access from the airport and also to a number of hotel accommodations which are in close proximity.
Constructed in 2001, the Denver Fire Department ARFF Training Academy provides students with an optimal learning environment to gain knowledge in the most advanced methods of aircraft rescue and firefighting and enhance their skills. Our state-certified instructors incorporate unique interactive classroom technology and a full-scale aircraft mock-up to provide tremendous learning opportunities in a realistic environment.
The DFD-DIA ARFF Training Facility will provide students the use of SCBA’s with PASS for the duration of their training; however, with the exception of the SCBA, all students must make arrangements to bring the proper PPE with them to the ARFF Training Facility. This PPE must be in good condition and is required to conform to all applicable NFPA Standards. Should a student report to training without the appropriate PPE and without the ability to meet NFPA Standards for a given training exercise, they will not be able to participate in the live fire training evolutions.
The ARFF training facility includes:
- Ample classroom space to accommodate upwards of 50 students
- Dual apparatus bays providing a typical fire station configuration and set up
- Two Oshkosh® 1500 gallon capacity ARFF apparatus equipped with bumper and roof turrets, state-of-the-art electronics, and a full complement of hand-tools and appliances
- Bauer UNII/25 cylinder recharging station for quick SCBA refills
- Scott Air-Pak® NxG2 4.5 and Scott Air-Pak® 50i 4.5 SCBAs, with facepieces and regulators
- State-of-the-art interactive teaching tools that help make the learning experience meaningful
- Full kitchen
- Locker room and showers for both men and women
Our training grounds feature:
- 75-foot aircraft live-fire training simulator providing the most realistic simulation of fire. Allows for recreation of interior, exterior, and spill fires in a number of different aircraft configurations
- Two actual regional aircraft (Swearingen SA226s) for training in numerous types of emergency scenarios
- Propane fired extinguisher burn pit
accommodations and rental
car services are available within five miles of our facility, which is located at 11345 Trussville Street,
Denver, Colorado, 80249.
map to ARFF