Here at Denver International Airport (DEN), one of the four guiding principles of our Vision 100 Plan is Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI). It’s an important topic for employees and our community—one we only seek to understand first so that we can then promote, adopt, and celebrate. DEN must ensure that we don’t just talk about our commitment—we must consistently demonstrate it in all our business practices, which includes DEN’s procurement evaluations.
The DEN Commerce Hub is recruiting community members to serve as Community Panelists on DEN procurement evaluation panels. DEN is committed to a fair and impartial procurement process and to helping small businesses succeed. As a volunteer member of a procurement evaluation panel, you will help the airport select the most qualified, responsive, and responsible proposal while also gaining insight into the DEN procurement process and an understanding of elements that make a proposal successful.
The community members consist of Subject Matter Experts (SME) from the local business community (click here for the list of sought-after specialties). Through equitable procurements, the City is committed to removing barriers and increasing access to City contracting opportunities for all businesses. As a panel member, you will get a chance to understand the DEN proposal and interview process that can assist you in any future DEN procurement opportunities.
Community Panelists are reminded to respect the confidentiality of all information related to the evaluation and selection process. Above all and throughout the process, a panel member is required to act with honesty and fairness and to make recommendations that are accountable, transparent, and supported by the records of the evaluation process.
All volunteer community panelists must:
- Be available to participate in the entire evaluation process timeline
- Understand the skills, knowledge, and expertise required to ensure a robust evaluation
- Submit an online Community Panelist application: https://forms.office.com/r/euN4sWkaUU
- Contract Administration will contact you if/when a procurement opportunity best fits your subject matter expertise. It may take up to 9 – 11 months before we contact you due to the procurement opportunities that are being released and evaluated
- Share your experience and helpful insight regarding historically underutilized multicultural businesses which shall include small businesses and those owned by minorities, women, veterans, LGBTQ+, and individuals living with disabilities as well as those in economically distressed or redlined neighborhoods
- Inside view of the evaluation review process and gain an understanding of what values are important to DEN
Click here for FAQs about the Community Panelist Program