To support diverse DEN initiatives and requirements, including FAA Airport GIS (also known as eALP) and DEN maintenance efforts, DEN Airport Infrastructure Management (AIM) Development requires that all airport staff, contractors and consultants comply with the DEN Survey Control requirements/standards detailed in the documents listed in the "AIRPORT GUIDELINES & POLICIES" section of this page.
- Before starting field surveys on DEN property, the contractor or consultant must coordinate a pre-survey preparation activities meeting.
- This meeting is to be arranged through the DEN Project Manager’s Office with the attendance of the contractor or consultant and the DEN Survey Section.
- The contractor or consultant is responsible for obtaining DEN-related survey guidance, access to DEN survey network, Primary Control, projection parameters, and training materials from DEN Survey at the pre-survey meeting and/or prior to beginning any survey work.
- DEN has deployed, and requires all surveys, to be performed utilizing Trimble Business Center.
- All surveyors are required to request a subscription to access to DEN’s VRS network.
- Once permission is granted, the user will be provided with a time-limited username and password for use during the duration of the project. A link to the network webpage is provided below.
DEN has updated its design and construction survey requirements. Links to these documents are provided in the “AIRPORT GUIDELINES & POLICIES” table to the right. Documents are updated regularly and consultants and contractors are advised to check periodically for current documents.
Request Access to the DEN Survey Control website