DIA Business Announcement — Business Opportunities
CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER
DEPARTMENT OF AVIATION
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BIDS
CONCOURSE B PCA REPLACEMENT (RE-BID)
CONTRACT NO. 201418277
The Department of Aviation, City and County of Denver, has issued an Invitation for Bids for the construction project named above. Complete contract documents, including specifications, are available on the DIA Contract Procurement website at http://business.flydenver.com/bizops/bids.asp beginning May 8, 2015.
SEALED BIDS will be due no later than 2:00 PM, Thursday, June 11, 2015, Local Time, delivered in the triple wide trailer, located within the DIA South Campus at 7128 North Trussville Street, Unit A, Denver, CO 80249 (F.K.A. 27301 E. 71st Ave, Unit #2). Bids must be time stamped no later than 2:00 PM, Thursday, June 11, 2015, immediately after which a public bid opening will commence. Any bids to be submitted more than one hour prior to Bid Opening must be submitted at the office of Business Management Services, attention Letitia Harper, Room 8810, Airport Office Building (AOB), Denver International Airport, 8500 Peña Blvd., Denver, CO 80249-6340.
A MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE will be held at 1:00 PM, Tuesday, May 19, 2015, in the triple wide trailer, located within the DIA South Campus at 7128 North Trussville Street, Unit A, Denver, CO 80249 (F.K.A. 27301 E. 71st Ave, Unit #2).
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORK AND COST ESTIMATE:
The project consists of but is not limited to the following project elements:
1. Removal and replacement of select Pre-Conditioned AIR (PCA) units in 39 locations on Concourse B.
2. Provide for stand-mounted PCA units at fifteen (15) locations. Stands shall be furnished by the PCA manufacturer.
3. Modifications to existing unit support to provide the attachment of the new units the existing Passenger Loading Bridges (PLB).
4. Modifications to the electrical service to the new PCA units at each gate.
5. ADD ALTERNATE #1: Provide lump sum cost for:
• Deletion of hose trolleys, hose reels and multi-section ductwork (fabric and hard duct) to aircraft.
• Installation new Boom-Air hose management systems on the discharge side of each new PCA unit, attached to the Passenger Boarding Bridge.
• Include all costs for addition of all necessary equipment and conduit supports, controls, wiring, conduit, and other appurtenances associated with installing Boom-Air units.
• Revise the requirements for the PCA Units being purchased and installed to include proper circuit breaker that will power the associated Boom-Air unit.
PREQUALIFICATION: Each bidder must be pre-qualified in the category of 2(a) Buildings: General, 2(c) Buildings: Mechanical or 2(d) Buildings: Electrical, at the $12,000,000.00 level. Prequalification applications are due at least ten (10) calendar days prior to the bid opening date. Prequalification applications must be submitted to the Department of Public Works, Prequalification Section, 201 West Colfax Avenue, Department 506, Denver, Colorado 80202. To view the Rules and Regulations and to obtain a prequalification application, please visit our website at www.denvergov.org/prequalification or call 720-865-2539 for prequalification information ONLY.
MINORITY/WOMEN BUSINESS ENTERPRISE GOAL: Pursuant to Article III, Division 1 of Chapter 28 of the Denver Revised Municipal Code, the Project goal of 27% must be met with certified participants, or through the demonstration of a sufficient good faith effort. For compliance with good faith requirements, the M/WBE percentage solicitation level required for this project is 100%.
As its best interests may appear, the CEO reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities in bids.
Publication Dates: May 8, 2015, May 11, 2015, May 12, 2015
Published in The Daily Journal
|2:25 PM Denver time
Monday, October 23, 2017
8500 Peña Blvd. | Denver, Colorado | 80249-6340 | (303) 342-2000
City & County of Denver, Department of Aviation