DIA Business Announcement — Business Opportunities
CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BIDS
CONTRACT NO. 201524852
CONCOURSE B FIRE ALARM REPLACEMENT RE-BID
The Department of Aviation, City and County of Denver, has issued an Invitation for Bids for the construction project named above. Complete contract documents, including specifications, are available on the DIA Contract Procurement website at http://business.flydenver.com/bizops/bids.asp.
SEALED BIDS will be due no later than 1:00 PM Local Time, Thursday, March 24, 2016, delivered in the triple wide trailer, located within the DIA South Campus at 7128 North Trussville Street, Unit A, Denver, CO 80249 (F.K.A. 27301 E. 71st Ave, Unit #2). Bids must be time stamped no later than 1:00 PM Local Time, immediately after which a public bid opening will commence. Any bids to be submitted more than one hour prior to Bid Opening must be submitted at the office of Business Management Services, attention Letitia Harper, Room 8810, Airport Office Building (AOB), Denver International Airport, 8500 Peņa Blvd., Denver, CO 80249-6340.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORK
The Concourse B Fire Alarm Replacement RE-BID Scope of Work includes replacement of the fire alarm devices that will be provided to the Contractor by the City/County of Denver, wiring, accessories and migration of the fire alarm system from EST to SimplexGrinnell as described in the Specifications. Fire alarm coverage must be maintained throughout the project. Migration procedures, sequences, and timetable are critical. The SimplexGrinnell fire alarm panels and network are already in place under other contracts. SimplexGrinnell equipment, engineering, shop drawings, and programming; as well as, EST deprogramming are pre-purchased equipment and serviced by DEN which will be provided to the contractor.
1. Replace fire alarm devices, wiring and accessories.
2. Migrate the fire alarm from the EST system in the building to the new SimplexGrinnell fire alarm system in strict accordance with the project documents and airport requirements.
3. 100% Contractor pre-testing. 100% Designer of Record testing support and required Denver Fire Department testing support are included under this Contract.
4. Maintain fire alarm coverage throughout the project.
5. SimplexGrinnell fire alarm panels with their network connections are already installed.
6. SimplexGrinnell fire alarm devices are pre-purchased by the airport, and will be provided to the Contractor.
7. Deprogramming of the existing EST system will be performed by programmers under other contracts for the Contractor. Actual removal of EST equipment after deprogramming is work included in this Contract.
8. Verify and install approximately 3000 door labels on every door frame header to identify ingress into all rooms in the Concourse B. Labels will be manufacturered by the airport and provided to the Contractor.
9. Contractor shall provide clear and complete redline drawings for all work under this contract.
10. Building permit costs are paid and coordinated directly to the City and County of Denver through the IBT Process.
Each bidder must be pre-qualified in the Specialty Category 4: Fire Alarm, at the $750,000.00 level, in accordance with the City's Rules and Regulations Governing Prequalification of Contractors. Each bidder must have submitted a prequalification application a minimum of ten (10) calendar days prior to the bid opening date. Prequalification applications must be submitted to the Department of Public Works, Prequalification Section, Dept. 614, 201 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80202. To view the Rules and Regulations and to obtain a prequalification application, please visit our website at www.denvergov.org/prequalification, or call (720) 865-2539 for prequalification information ONLY.
A MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE will be held at 2:00 PM Local Time, Wednesday, March 9, 2016, in the triple wide trailer, located within the DIA South Campus at 7128 North Trussville Street, Unit A, Denver, CO 80249 (F.K.A. 27301 E. 71st Ave, Unit #2).
MINORITY/WOMEN BUSINESS ENTERPRISE GOAL: Pursuant to Article III, Division 1 of Chapter 28 of the Denver Revised Municipal Code, the Project goal of 15% must be met with certified participants, or through the demonstration of a sufficient good faith effort. For compliance with good faith requirements, the M/WBE percentage solicitation level required for this project is 100%.
As its best interests may appear, the City and County of Denver reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities in bids.
The work under the Contract is subject to minimum wage rates established by the City and County of Denver Career Service Board.
Publication Dates: March 1, 2016, March 2, 2016, March 3, 2016
Published in The Daily Journal
|2:29 AM Denver time
Friday, April 20, 2018
8500 Peña Blvd. | Denver, Colorado | 80249-6340 | (303) 342-2000
City & County of Denver, Department of Aviation